Visionaries & Revolutionaries Day (Saturday, Jan 25) on the closing weekend of the Dissident Futures Exhibit at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.
We generated 100++ ideas in a brainstorm. Refined these into an action packed schedule including scenario planning, climate change meme healing, mapping collages, vision boards, building utopias, a revolution booth, a hold up, performances and more!
If you can't join in person, you can follow our tumblr of digital artifacts from V&R Day at Dissident Futures at YBCA.
A call to Visionaries, Revolutionaries & Dissident Futurists
Please join us at Dissident Futures at YBCA on Saturday, Jan 25
“Make your mark, share your vision-- the start a revolution booth” led by Kyle Stewart & Kate Michi Ettinger [Lobby 12 - 6]
- Utopias: Lost & Found: Co-create the future of Utopias Lost and Found. Collaboratively create the future of society in the lobby of the YCBA. Use your imagination build your Utopia and watch your vision change between entering the show and exiting the building.
- Share your vision-- start a revolution: Share your vision for humanity and the revolution that will help us get there. In < 5 minutes create and publish your story, share it and find co-conspirators to ignite your revolution
“Break-down Barriers to Break-Out Your Revolution” Booth led by Tara Samiy, Marlena Zahm and Amanda Leitner
- Drop in to create vision boards from 12 - 2 in Conf 1
“Stories of the Future-- a scenario-planning workshop” led by Lina Constantinovici
- 2 Hr Workshop in YAAW that will develop vignettes for the 4:30 finale performance
- 2 hr Workshop in Conf 1 ... More Details: FB Event for the CauseRoot Hold Up
“Cut and paste your future: a collage” led by Bobby Fishkin & Maya Belitski
- Drop into to collage a map of your future from 2-4ish
“Climate Change Meme Healing” led by Lazlo Karafiath (90 minutes)
“Cut and paste your future: a collage” led by Bobby Fishkin & Maya Belitski (Ongoing drop in 2 - 4:30)
- YBCA special performance by Myra Melford and Ian Winters in the Galleries 4-5pm
4:30 Finale Performance: Visions of the Future in the Screening Room
- The day's public V&R activities will conclude with a performance of Visions of the Future, produced by Lina Constantinovici
- Followed by a tour of YBCA
Hashtag for the day: #V&RFutures
Follow our Tumblr for digital artifacts: vratybca.tumblr.com
You may RSVP on our FB event, or message an organizer to join the V&R guest list! Please bring co-conspirator friends!
This public program is organized in conjunction with the group exhibition Dissident Futures which is currently on view at YBCA until February 2, 2014. Dissident Futures is an investigation into possible alternative futures, particularly those that question or overturn conventional notions of innovation in biological, social, environmental, and technological structures.
Visionaries and Revolutionaries is a creative community with members representing a diversity of disciplines, who come together to share the ways in which they solve social problems that they care about in imaginative ways. Through this series, social innovators can explore the intersection of their aspirations for world change and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds in art, science, and technology.
Schedule Confirmed. For details on the workshops click on Read More.